Re: Routescience?

  • From: Jonas Luster
  • Date: Tue Aug 21 14:28:58 2001

* Sean Finn sez:

> The RouteScience PathControl product which was announced
> today
>
>  - supports active and/or passive measurements

What does that mean in 'non-buzzword' speak? In other words, if you'd
talk to someone who's actually seen a router at one or two occassions,
what would you tell him/her?

Is this YAPM (yeat another ping misuse), ROTEG (route optimization
through esoteric guessing) or something completely new such as (cough)
Gibsons 'nano-probes'?

So, if I am, say, yBay, a large used panties and fake celebrity
autograph auction house, how would I, given the diversity of my clients,
do any optimization?

jonas