Re: XTNS launch alternate domain name system

  • From: J.D. Falk
  • Date: Tue Aug 21 13:23:27 2001

On 08/21/01, David Ulevitch <[email protected]> wrote:

> I believe they are just a licensee of RealNames.
>
> So while http://somedumbcompany.lame might work in Internet Explorer
> 5.0+
>
> Try telnetting to somedumbcompany.lame:25.  They won't get email, EVER.
>
> This company is even more bogus then new.net.  At least new.net is
> /trying/ to use dns.

	We should expect to see more of these crop up.  Through closed
	doors and other unfriendly policies, ICANN has screwed us but
	good -- and we let them.

	ObOperationalContent: what methods do y'all use for disseminating
	info like "watch out for this new stupidity" to your front-line
	tech support folks?  How about for companies that outsource their
	support?  Is it even worth trying?

--
J.D. Falk                                   a plenitude should not be wasted
<[email protected]>