Re: Routescience?

  • From: Sean Finn
  • Date: Mon Aug 20 19:16:16 2001

Vadim,

   we recognize, and appreciate your concerns.

Two major points with regard to the PathControl product,
and it's impact on the BGP environments:

  1) PathControl is currently targeted toward providing
     optimized egress routes to multihomed enterprises.
     Our technology is applicable to core routing, but
     we certainly acknowledge the constraints in that
     environment are radically different ...

  2) We've integrated extensive anti-flapping capabilities
     into the product, and in addition have user-configurable
     settings for maximum rate of route change.

Given a high rate of changing performance measurements, the box
is capable of generating routing decisions at a high rate.
Our analysis (and default settings) show that significant
performance gains can be realized with a rate of change in
typical deployments less than ~100 prefix changes per hour.
(And maximum rates can be constrained lower than this,
if desired.)

cheers -- Sean