Re: cisco IOS bug/exploit?

  • From: Barton F Bruce
  • Date: Mon Aug 20 11:08:04 2001

There is a chance that you have a static for 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 to eth0 or
something like that even though the other end may be the only thing on the
ethernet. DON'T do that!

The router will arp for every address it needs to get to.
With codered around, that can be bad.

Use a static default to a real ip address.

There is somthing on CCO about this.