Re: verizon atm outage

  • From: Robert Boyle
  • Date: Sat Aug 18 02:46:01 2001

---- Original Message ----
From: [email protected]
To: [email protected],
Subject: Re: verizon atm outage
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 22:39:59 -0400 (EDT)

>On Fri, 17 Aug 2001, Alex Rubenstein wrote:
>
>> Interesting.
>>
>> Out of about 350 PVCs on an OC3 in to the Newark ATM switch
>cluster, we're
>> seeing four circuits down; could be considered normal..
>>
>> We're not seeing any additional loss or latency at this point.
>
>Ditto, my OC3s in BOS, NYC, and DCA into Verizon ATM cloud are all
>up.

Same here at 2:30AM. It seems that whatever they did earlier tonight
generated traps on exactly 36 of our circuits all in LATA 224 in NJ
from 7-9PM with momentary (<60 seconds) loss of LMI. Nothing on any
of our other 100+ circuits in NY or NJ and nothing since then... All
of our ATM and Frame circuits are up and no new alarms have been
received. I find it hard to believe the upgrade went that smoothly,
but we still have another 4.5 hours for them to play.

-Robert