Re: wanted: wireless magic tricks

  • From: E.B. Dreger
  • Date: Thu Aug 16 13:57:13 2001

> Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 12:23:55 -0400
> From: Christian Kuhtz <[email protected]>

[ snip ]

> Catch is, the bw x delay product will kill you on these links if
> you run TCP sessions and you won't get anywhere near line rate.

[ snip ]

Set TCP window size to about 1x to 2x bw*delay.  The value will be
a bit large for a "normal" server (can you say "mbuf exhaustion"?),
but I ass-u-me that the OP's client needs a few fast streams, not
a few fast streams and tons of slow ones.

How many simultaneous TCP connections on what boxen?

Eddy

Brotsman & Dreger, Inc. - EverQuick Internet Division
Phone: +1 (316) 794-8922 Wichita/(Inter)national
Phone: +1 (785) 865-5885 Lawrence