OT: "Little People" (was Re: granitecanyon.com network unreachable?)

  • From: Bob K
  • Date: Wed Aug 15 15:18:26 2001

On Wed, 15 Aug 2001, Andy Dills wrote:

> > My apologies.  The reason I posted to NANOG is because granitecanyon.com
> > hosts The Public DNS Service, which handles a *lot* of nameservice for
> > "The Little People" due to said services being free and automated; thus, I
> > thought the answer would be of interest to many here.  I've consequently
> > emailed [email protected] instead and will attempt to keep my posts
> > on-topic here in the future.
>
> Really? I would think the opposite. What makes you think NANOG is
> populated by "The Little People"?

Many network operators have their own domains for personal use.  Many
people find great value in separating personal and work things, especially
with companies dropping like flies.  Granitecanyon provides for such
separation at no cost.  So this really was more of interest to network
operators *personally* instead of *in relation to their networks*.
Which, as I realized later, is off-topic.  (although two emails off-list
have pointed out that it's more on-topic than most of the MAPS debates
lately)

> No biggy, I'm just fascinated by people's assumptions and perspectives.

Now you know.  (although if you don't, reply personally as opposed to the
list due to massive off-topicness at this point)

--
Bob <[email protected]> | Yes.  I know.  That is, indeed, *not* mayonnaise.