Re: granitecanyon.com network unreachable?

  • From: Andy Dills
  • Date: Wed Aug 15 14:45:44 2001

On Wed, 15 Aug 2001, Bob K wrote:

> My apologies.  The reason I posted to NANOG is because granitecanyon.com
> hosts The Public DNS Service, which handles a *lot* of nameservice for
> "The Little People" due to said services being free and automated; thus, I
> thought the answer would be of interest to many here.  I've consequently
> emailed [email protected] instead and will attempt to keep my posts
> on-topic here in the future.

Really? I would think the opposite. What makes you think NANOG is
populated by "The Little People"?

I mean, I'm one of "The Little People" on this list, and I have an ASN,
two /19s, several thousand customers, over a thousand domains, and NOCs in
different states. Most of the people on this list would laugh at such a
small network.

I would tend to think that if you're using granitecanyon, you obviously
don't have a name server, which means (to me) you don't have a Network in
North America to Operate.

No biggy, I'm just fascinated by people's assumptions and perspectives.

Andy

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Andy Dills                              301-682-9972
Xecunet, LLC                            www.xecu.net
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dialup * Webhosting * E-Commerce * High-Speed Access