RE: Affects of the balkanization of mail blacklisting

  • From: Dan Hollis
  • Date: Tue Aug 14 05:32:06 2001

On Tue, 14 Aug 2001, Mitch Halmu wrote:
> Since when is operating an open relay against the law? Please quote the
> federal law NetSide has broken in having its mail servers configured as
> they always were since we started in 1995.

Congratulations, you just won an entry into my sendmail '571 list'.
And guess what, I dont even need MAPS to do it.
The sendmail access hash database works just fine.

I suspect many other listmembers who dont run MAPS are manually making
entries to block your open relays as well.

-Dan

--
[-] Omae no subete no kichi wa ore no mono da. [-]