Re: Affects of the balkanization of mail blacklisting

  • From: jlewis
  • Date: Tue Aug 14 00:38:32 2001

On Mon, 13 Aug 2001 [email protected] wrote:

> On Mon, 13 Aug 2001, Randy Bush wrote:
>
> > you could be right.  i guess it's time i sent them another donation.
> >
> > randy
>
> Save it: the people MAPS has harmed neet it more.

MAPS doesn't harm people.  People harm people.  This is just like the guns
argument.  Guns don't kill.  People kill.  MAPS doesn't force themselves
on anyone...and having one (or a few) centralized blacklists with
informative web sites and clear policies is certainly better than the
alternative (every ISP with their own blacklist, nobody having a clue how
or the time to get off them all).

 Jon Lewis *[email protected]*|  I route
 Atlantic Net                |