RE: DNS Issues

  • From: Mark Radabaugh - Amplex
  • Date: Mon Aug 13 23:15:55 2001

Your pretty much screwed as far as getting the cached responses fixed -
it depends on the providers with the (bad) cached records clearing the
cache (reboot or restart) or the cache timing out.

Since this was obviously illegal if you can get his IP routed to your
nameserver or just shutdown then it won't really matter that he has a
pointer to his name server - the resolvers will just decide the
secondary is down and look for another name server.

Mark Radabaugh
Amplex
(419) 833-3635