Re: AS2548... Do you care?

  • From: Christian Nielsen
  • Date: Mon Aug 13 02:59:43 2001

On Sun, 12 Aug 2001 [email protected] wrote:

> I'll worry about this once we stamp out providers that number their
> router interfaces with RFC1918 space and thereby break PMTU discovery
> for people who do proper ingress/egress martian filtering... ;)
>
> On the other hand, we've had RFC1918 filtering wars recently - I don't
> recall flame-fests about martian AS numbers lately ;)

You dont? wasnt it in April? and John was talking about the same thing.

Personally, we dont see problems like this 'anymore'. We filter on any and
all reserved ASpaths. We also filter on RFC1918. And since we filter it,
we dont worry about it anymore. Personally, I applaud Verio for all the
filtering they do (and anyone else that does it).

This was also posted in April in regards to filtering peers (you can
filter your transit providers).

http://www.nielsen.net/people/christian/linx.html

http://www.irbs.com/internet/nanog/0104/0161.html

Christian