Re: DUL freeloading

  • From: John R. Levine
  • Date: Sat Aug 11 21:13:09 2001

In article <[email protected]> you write:
>It would have been nice if we could all agreed on a DUL database that would be
>distributed free to anyone to use.

Yes indeed.  Unless someone knows of a free source of servers, IP
connectivity, and most importantly staff time, I suspect that it would
be much cheaper all around to contact MAPS and pay something to use
the DUL than for each provider to waste its own staff time coming up
with an inferior "free" substitute.

I can report from experience that MAPS has been very flexible, and is
likely to accept any reasonable offer for access to its lists.

--
John R. Levine, IECC, POB 727, Trumansburg NY 14886 +1 607 387 6869
[email protected], Village Trustee and Sewer Commissioner, http://iecc.com/johnl,