Re: Affects of the balkanization of mail blacklisting

  • From: Margie
  • Date: Sat Aug 11 15:37:17 2001

--On Saturday, August 11, 2001 2:56 PM -0400 [email protected] wrote:

On Sat, 11 Aug 2001, Margie Arbon wrote:

The TTL on the zones is 5 minutes. Realisitically most update every
20 minutes to an hour. The DUL is a bit more static than the rest.

Subscribers are obligated contractually to maintain current zone
files.
Somebody just pointed out to me (and I've verified) that query access
to at least the MAPS DUL is open to non-subscribers (still / again
?).  I'm hesitant to use it without knowing if this is just a
temporary situation, or if there has been some change in policy.

It's temporary. Because of the huge volume of responses (mostly for free access), we have chosen to use a deny table for the largest users while we get all of the allow entries made. This prevents our backlog from cutting off folks that want to subscribe. As soon as we get caught up, we will swap over from a deny table to an allow table. That should be real soon now.

--
Margie Arbon
MAPS, LLC