Re: MPLS VPNs or not?

  • From: Fletcher E Kittredge
  • Date: Wed Aug 08 12:00:43 2001

On Wed, 8 Aug 2001 08:56:53 -0400  "Kavi, Prabhu" wrote:
> I guess the real question should be how much market cap did other
> companies lose because of certain people's zealotry?  Any answers
> Vadim?

Prabhu;

	What evidence do you have that:

1) UUnet is/was a success,

2) if it was a success, the determining factor was its use of ATM,
   rather than its first mover advantage, financial/management stucture,
   industry trends, etc.  For example, UUnet used ATM because that was
   what the bellheads would sell them.  At the time, there was no
   alternative to the bellheads.

regards,
fletcher