Re: MPLS VPNs or not?

  • From: Robert Raszuk
  • Date: Tue Aug 07 12:02:58 2001

Vijay,

Ok so you say that increasing the number of features in any
implementation can cause critical bugs - hey I agree 100%.

But what is the solution - do the freez in code and do not implement any
new features and enhancements ? All vendors (at least those significant
:) get a lot of new feature requests some of them touching much much
deeper then the mpls-vpn implementation into the elements of bgp, ospf,
isis etc .... Should all vendors just say - forget it we are not doing
it as it can introduce bugs ???

If not why you are particluary so flaming mpls-vpns and not other
features requested which when done wrong can cause hell lot of more
issues into the networks ?

R.