Re: Fwd: Re: Code Red variants

  • From: Marius Strom
  • Date: Sun Aug 05 11:38:56 2001

Odd thing: from a Sprint connected network, he seess the most attempts
from Sprint's Class A.

On my cable-modem connected box through Cox Internet, I see 248 out of
256 attempts coming from *.cox-internet.com.

Does the new variant perhaps try to "stick to it's own domain"?  I do
see some non-localdomain stuff as well, so it's not 100% definite, and I
can't say whether or not the providers are proactively filtering inbound
to prevent other providers from getting in.

--
Marius Strom <[email protected]>
Professional Geek/Unix System Administrator

It is a natural law. Physics tells us that for every action, there must be an
equal and opposite reaction. They hate us, we hate them, they hate us back and
so, here we are, victims of mathematics.
-- Londo, "A Voice in the Wilderness I"