Re: Its not a worm, just Mother Nature

  • From: Sean Donelan
  • Date: Fri Aug 03 20:20:46 2001

On Fri, 03 August 2001, "Kyle C. Bacon" wrote:
>      There was also a fire in the basement of a telco hotel in
> Cleveland, OH due to a blown/over-extended transformer.  The building
> was evacuated and power to the building was shut off by the Fire
> Department between 9am and 1pm EST.

According to news reports the Keith Building at East 17th and
Euclid is a 20 story, high-rise building.  Both the main fire
alarm and the its backup failed, so no fire alarm sounded.  Damage
seems to be limited to the basement, and smoke damage as it rose
through shafts and ducts in the building.

>      There was no damage to any telco equipment in the building
> that I know of.

PSI.net had some circuits down, but I haven't heard of any damage
to telco equipment.  I don't know how many other providers had
equipment in the same building.