Re: trapdoor.merit.edu and other impatient Postfix mailers everywhere (fwd)

  • From: Marius Strom
  • Date: Fri Aug 03 15:14:05 2001

John,
I wasn't referring to you, and I agree that the policy of not posting to
high (net|sys)admin mailing lists is questionable.  It's just that I've
seen some folks on here complaining about lack of notification when they
did switch from vix.com to mail-abuse.org, and I believe that fault
should be placed where it needs to be placed.

On Fri, Aug 03, 2001 at 03:05:22PM -0400, [email protected] wrote:

> On Fri, 3 Aug 2001, Marius Strom wrote:
>
> > On Fri, Aug 03, 2001 at 03:10:46AM -0400, [email protected] wrote:
> > > They should have posted to inet-access and nanog.  Clearly the surprise
> > > cutoff[1] this morning had a profound operational impact on mail servers
> > > all over the world.
> > >

> > Guys,
> > They did post to NANOG when they performed the aforementioned
> > s/vix.com/mail-abuse.org/g:
>
> I was saying anything about that.
>
> > Seeing as we've all seen people complaining about them not doing this,
> > when they obviously did, I don't see how it would've helped everyone had
> > they posted to NANOG before the July 31 cutoff.
>
> "Some people don't read or pay attention to nanog...so we won't bother
> posting there." hmm....
>
> --
>  Jon Lewis *[email protected]*|  I route
>  System Administrator        |  therefore you are
>  Atlantic Net                |

Marius Strom <[email protected]>
Professional Geek/Unix System Administrator
http://www.marius.org/marius.pgp 0xF5D89089 *updated 2001-02-26*

It is a natural law. Physics tells us that for every action, there must be an
equal and opposite reaction. They hate us, we hate them, they hate us back and
so, here we are, victims of mathematics.
-- Londo, "A Voice in the Wilderness I"