RE: trapdoor.merit.edu and other impatient Postfix mailers everywhere (fwd)

  • From: Roeland Meyer
  • Date: Fri Aug 03 11:52:51 2001

Agreed. For the record, when I was still using sendmail, I had to build a
new sendmail.cf on every install. The default, from Caldera, doesn't do RBL
by default, or a lot of anything else. I am now using MS-Exchange for
corporate groupware and am deploying Postfix for end-user usage. Since MAPS
is no longer freeware (a fact that I do NOT begrudge them), I will no longer
be using the RBL. It was of limited use anyway because, I have way too many
Earthlink based users and Earthlink seems to have taken up permanent
residency in the RBL <sigh>.