Re: trapdoor.merit.edu and other impatient Postfix mailers everywhere(fwd)

  • From: Gordon Ewasiuk
  • Date: Fri Aug 03 01:16:10 2001
  • X: marks the spot.

On Today, Mitch Halmu wrote:
>On Thu, 2 Aug 2001, Chris Adams wrote:
>
>> Once upon a time, Matt Martini <[email protected]> said:
>> > I never liked the idea of someone else, with an agenda that I'm sure
>> > doesn't coinside with mine, telling me who I should talk to or not. When
>> > the source code defaulted to using these "services" that's when I bailed on
>> > sendmail.
>>
>> You must be talking about some other MTA.  Sendmail has never defaulted
>> to using any of the MAPS (or any other DNS-based) lists.
>>
>> You don't think DJB has an agenda?
>
>Relevant sendmail source code extracted:
>
>http://www.dotcomeon.com/release_notes.html
>
>Quote: "The default is rbl.maps.vix.com." Never say never again ;)

Make it sttooppppppppppppp.

that server is the default for a feature that isn't even ENABLED by
default and appears to be part of an OPTIONAL m4 that you would have to
MANUALLY add. blah blah blah.

Another line for .procmailrc...*SIGH*

-Gordo

Gordon Ewasiuk, Sun Firefighter, Winstar VHC
O:  703.889.4035  C:  703.731.4828  IM:  wanjunkie
The REAL office number is here----->  703.893.4901
Have you had your Solaris today?

 12:40am  up 19 day(s),  2:17,  2 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.06, 0.09