Re: trapdoor.merit.edu and other impatient Postfix mailers everywhere(fwd)

  • From: Charles Sprickman
  • Date: Fri Aug 03 00:35:27 2001

On Thu, 2 Aug 2001, Adam Rothschild wrote:

> I realize BGP state is expensive, and the good people at MAPS are well
> worthy of compensation for the excellent service they offer, but it's
> kinda difficult to justify paying $1k/yr to rid our personal boxen of
> spam and spam-related abuse.

I also feel that the structure makes it easy for a really large customer
to justify, as costs dwindle down to pennies/user, but kind of punishes a
small ISP where you're not seeing the "volume discount".  Not even a
"thanks for the DUL entries".  Perhaps they'll negotiate rates for smaller
companies on the side?  Otherwise, they're just driving "customers" to
brightmail.

Charles