Re: MAPS Changes (was RE: trapdoor.merit.edu and other ... etc)

  • From: Derek Balling
  • Date: Thu Aug 02 21:04:40 2001

At 7:55 PM -0500 8/2/01, Larry Sheldon wrote:
But in the meantime, I am going to allege that the default .cf
that HP sends with H-PUX 10.20 and 11.0 has it in it.
Blame your vendor, not the software author, then.

I'll give you that it may be commented outm=, but the HP folk (I think)
tell you to uncomment it.
Again, the OP implied some sinister conspiracy to incorporate the dnsbl code into sendmail defaults where none exists. If you are blindly doing what $VENDOR tells you to do without actually knowing the results and consequences of those actions, I'd like to become your vendor. :)

| [email protected] | "Conan! What is best in life?" |
| Derek J. Balling | "To crush your enemies, see them |
| | driven before you, and to hear the |
| | lamentation of their women!" |