RE: trapdoor.merit.edu and other impatient Postfix mailers everywhere (fwd)

  • From: Mitch Halmu
  • Date: Thu Aug 02 19:19:23 2001

On Thu, 2 Aug 2001, Brandon Ross wrote:

> On Thu, 2 Aug 2001, Mitch Halmu wrote:
>
> > Which is to show you what can happen to those that entrust control of
> > their communications to a third party. The commercialization of the lil'
> > MAPS charity proves beyond a reasonable doubt that it was just another
> > clever ploy for them to make a living at it.
>
> That's right!  I think it's just evil that they might want to cover their
> costs and maybe be able to eat, drink, and pay their rent.  All the
> necessities of life should be provided by the state after all!

Until recently, MAPS was financed by Metromedia Fiber Network /Abovenet,
in "mi casa su casa" fashion, aka run by their employees. Unfortunately
for them, MFNX dropped to penny stock status (literally), and the fat
seems to have been trimmed.

> Whatever.  If you find the service valuable, then you'll pay for it, if
> you don't, then don't use it and go away.

Valuable? Hehe. FYI, NetSide is on the MAPS RSS blackhole list:

http://www.dotcomeon.com

A detailed account of our "crimes"...

--Mitch
NetSide