Re: Code Red growth stats

  • From: Adam Rothschild
  • Date: Thu Aug 02 00:23:43 2001

On Wed, Aug 01, 2001 at 08:38:06PM -0700, Roeland Meyer wrote:
> In the shop, we all run IIS, on the workstations, for local testing
> and development. But, what do you expect from a shop full of
> development geeks?

So, intentional or otherwise, Code Red has brought us:

- Increased revenue for transit providers -- some of which aren't
  doing too well financially -- with burstable billing customers.

- A proving ground in which certain weak core/edge routing devices and
  provider infrastructures were tested for resiliency.

- Natural selection (quoting Mr. T, "I pity the fool")

Remind me again what all the fuss is about...

-adam