Re: Code Red growth stats

  • From: Steven M. Bellovin
  • Date: Wed Aug 01 22:38:42 2001

In message <[email protected]>, k claffy writes:

>hmm, not sure about that, smb.
>
>albeit crippled caida monitor (we're working on it),
>it does seem to have reversed slope again:
>http://www.caida.org/analysis/security/code-red/aug1-live-hosts.gif

Fascinating; thanks.  SANS hasn't updated their plots lately, so I
can't compare.  Anyone else with any data to post?  (On the other hand
-- any chance that the dip recorded at CAIDA is due to the measurement
problems?)

If it has indeed turned up again, I'm at a loss to explain it.  While
I'm sure there are some IIS servers on home machines, I doubt there are
that many.  But I don't have another explanation to offer.