Re: Code Red growth stats

  • From: Dave Stewart
  • Date: Wed Aug 01 16:49:27 2001

At 04:28 PM 8/1/2001, Stephen J. Wilcox wrote:

Does anyone have any theories as to why its tailing, are the thousands of
vulnerable machines being patched all of a sudden? If not then why is
traffic decreasing so fast when the worm just keeps searching?
I suspect we'll see it begin to pick up a little bit... it looks like Billybob is just starting to get home from work and fire up his whizbang Windows 2000 machine, which he put IIS on so he can share kewl warez and mp3z with his leet friends...

I'm seeing more probes from Roadrunner and @Home hosts in the last little while.