Re: telnet vs ssh on Core equipment , looking for reasons why ?

  • From: Kevin Steves
  • Date: Tue Jul 31 16:46:22 2001

On Tue, 31 Jul 2001, Charles Sprickman wrote:
:6) Finding a unix ssh that supports 3DES and DES.
:
:I curse those OpenSSH folks for making me have to trudge through the code
:to find out how to get DES working...

DES is supported in openssh for protocol 1 in the client with ssh -c des.

also, does anyone curse cisco for refusing to support ssh protocol 2?
they have much more resources than the openssh team.