Re: telnet vs ssh on Core equipment , looking for reasons why ?

  • From: Stephen J. Wilcox
  • Date: Tue Jul 31 10:30:47 2001

> > *ponder*
>
> But who said I am not on your network ?  What if I penetrated your AAA
> server, or, some other server on your network ?

well your not. and if you were, i'm pretty well screwed! altho having said
that, my network doesnt allow you to hop between machines.. but maybe you
compromised my security? okay, i'm screwed again!

> And what about those that administer their networks from remote locations
> ?

see other response.. either they are on a trusted network or they have
their machines open to login from the entire internet? if the latter then
they deserve hacking!

Steve