Re: telnet vs ssh on Core equipment , looking for reasons why ?

  • From: Stephen J. Wilcox
  • Date: Tue Jul 31 09:56:15 2001

true, but i would point out that if its your core equipment that you are
accessing from your network that sits directly on the core then you should
be happy with the fact that no one is eavesdropping and it makes no
difference.

having said that, i use ssh where i can. i like RSA rather than passwords
as its so much more difficult for people to login as you, thats not ssh
specific tho, thats just an alternative authentication scheme that just
happens to ship with most ssh.

so thats my main logic, authentication... i cant understand the big
paranoia on people sniffing tho!

Steve

--
Stephen J. Wilcox