Re: Hard data on network impact of the "Code Red" worm?

  • From: Valdis.Kletnieks
  • Date: Mon Jul 30 13:38:59 2001

On Mon, 30 Jul 2001 12:22:18 CDT, Larry Sheldon <[email protected]>  said:

> Alos, is it possible that the critter got through firewalls and "did harm",
> but could not get back out again?  I don't know of any cases like that.

Of course you don't know of those cases - they didn't get back out.  Of
course, all it takes is one site that says "OK, Fred needs to surf the
web for JUST A MOMENT" for it to escape again.

And I'm sure there's more than one site out there that doesn't realize
they've got a problem inside their firewall...

--
				Valdis Kletnieks
				Operating Systems Analyst