Re: Broadwing

  • From: Jonathan Disher
  • Date: Sat Jul 28 16:31:21 2001

On Fri, 27 Jul 2001, Hansel E. Lee Jr. wrote:

> All,
>
> I'm considering using Broadwing for some IP transport and am interested
> in hearing feedback from anyone else who is currently using them.
> Reliable/Unreliable, Good service?

We had 2 T1's from Broadwing in the East SF Bay, but we replaced them
because of pitiful connectivity to non-Broadwing connected sites,
including (and most seriously) our production colo cage at GlobalCenter,
and our other offices which had UUNet T's.

We never got anyone willing to fix the problem, or who could even tell us
why connections were constantly dropped, packet loss was exceeding 80%,
and latency was through the roof.

But then, you said you were looking for OC3/OC12.  Maybe they treat bigger
circuit customers better than they treated us.

-j

--
-Jonathan Disher
-Sr. Systems and Network Engineer