OT: is it possible for an individual (not a business) to get a valid SSL certificate

  • From: Jim Mercer
  • Date: Thu Jul 26 10:37:14 2001

i want to get a useful SSL certificate for my personal webserver.
(and have customers who would like to do so as well).

i've talked to cibc.com/verisign, the canadian verisign affiliate, and they
tell me they can only do certificates for registered businesses.

i'm currently on hold with verisign USA waiting to talk to someone there,
but figured i'd punt the question here.

--
[ Jim Mercer        [email protected]         +1 416 410-5633 ]
[ Now with more and longer words for your reading enjoyment. ]