Re: 'we should all be uncomfortable with the extent to which luck ..'

  • From: David Shaw
  • Date: Wed Jul 25 15:26:06 2001

On Wed, Jul 25, 2001 at 02:59:59PM -0400, [email protected] wrote:
> On Wed, 25 Jul 2001 14:45:44 EDT, David Shaw said:
>
> > telnetd is not inherently bad.  It is a tool that is lacking the
> > session encryption and strong authentication features of SSH, but is
>
> See RFCs 2941 through 2953.  Just because your telnetd doesn't implement
> it doesn't mean it's not available.

True :)  I should have said "usually lacking".

> Having said that, I still use ssh for most stuff. ;)

Oh, so do I.  I was just pointing out while SSH is a wonderful thing,
for certain specific uses (logging in from an untrusted terminal being
one of them), there are better tools.

David

--
   David Shaw  |  [email protected]  |  WWW http://www.jabberwocky.com/