RE: 'we should all be uncomfortable with the extent to which luck ..'

  • From: Roeland Meyer
  • Date: Wed Jul 25 11:52:23 2001

Someone once proved to me, definitvely, how easy it is to crack root from a
shell account. Especially one that is allowed to execute their own code.
That night, I killed all shell accounts of users that I didn't personally
know and trust. Those that were left were introduced to SSH. This was
five-years ago.