Re: product liability (was 'we should all be uncomfortable with the extent to which luck..')

  • From: Jonas Luster
  • Date: Wed Jul 25 09:28:49 2001

* William Allen Simpson sez:

: Perhaps a different approach is in order -- product liability.
:
: When Firestone made a large number of bad tires, they compensated the
: purchasers by PAYING for replacement, including those that had not yet
: been injured.  That included the upgrade, and the installation cost.

Will Chrysler pay me heaps of money if I break my jawbone in an accident
because I neglected to buckle up, turned the airbags off (the light on
the dashboard was kinda annoying), never drove a car before (or even
read a book on driving, for that matter) and nailed a stationery object
on the highway because noone ever told me about the functionality of
that middle pedal?