Re: How many ISPs are out there?

  • From: Valdis.Kletnieks
  • Date: Tue Jul 24 10:57:48 2001

On Tue, 24 Jul 2001 10:40:50 EDT, [email protected]  said:
>                         My understanding is that as long as you get a
> block from former class C or "the swamp", you should be visible
> everywhere.  We recently requested, and got a /21 from 65/8 from Sprint.
> A phone call and some pleading got them to change that to 208.8.16.0/21

Having a prefix that happens to be visible from everywhere is different
than having a prefix that belongs to an ASN.  Your mail was unclear as
to whether your /21 was its own seperate ASN or not.

I have to wonder why a phone call and pleading were needed to get
it out of 65/8 - was your /21 being filtered or hidden in some way?
--
				Valdis Kletnieks
				Operating Systems Analyst