Re: How many ISPs are out there?

  • From: mike harrison
  • Date: Tue Jul 24 08:29:19 2001

> www.boardwatch.com use to be fairly update.  At least when it came to
> having an ISP be included in their directory.  Im not sure these days how
> accurate it is but YMMV and might be a starting point.

We have stale information there, and comparing what I know about some of
my regional competitors, and what it says in Boardwatch I would not call
it accurate, at least for the small regional ISP's. It seems to keep a
good pulse on the large ones. In my local market (area code 423)
it pulls up 1745 ISP's, most of which are Virtual and have no presence
here, not even advertising.

HTS/Chattanooga Online - Page 36 out of 88 of ISP's in area code 423.