Good Job, White House!

  • From: Alan Clegg
  • Date: Mon Jul 23 20:21:19 2001

According to:
http://abcnews.go.com/sections/world/DailyNews/militarycyberattack_010723.html

> In recent weeks, variations of the virus are believed to have infected at
> least 225,000 business and institutional computer systems. Last Thursday,
> infected computers were instructed to flood the White House Web site, but
> with minutes to spare the White House was able to protect itself.

I'm personally more pleased with the network operators that dealt with the
problem.  Thanks, Guys!  I'm not exactly sure what the White House did.

The above web page also confirms that http://*.mil:80 is currently
unavailable.  I guess the military should contact the White House to see
how to go about fixing the problem.

AlanC