NSI NIC handles

  • From: kai
  • Date: Mon Jul 23 12:40:18 2001

Given that most everyone here has registered NIC handles with Network
Solutions, some with probably more than 100 network and domain objects
associated with a handle: how exactly do your updates to those NIC
handles measure up with plain NSI domain updates?

Has the process of updating them at NSI gone into "manual mode" -
meaning that it now takes days, even weeks to complete the updates?

I really hate to see the effect of people submitting handle updates
3, 4, 5 times, thinking something at NSI's end is wrong (and it is).
In my case, my update requests for one and the same handle from July 11,
13 and 19 have all been answered with an auto-reply containing a ticket
number, but that's about it. No requests for confirmation, no "has been
updated" messages (the latter I sure hope not to see before a request
for confirmation) whatsoever.

That, and the now persistent, repeated sudden failures of both ARIN and
NSI's whois databases, coupled with a flawed "denial, not back-off/slowdown"
approach of NSI towards "excessive" querying of their whois database makes
my life more difficult than it otherwise would have to be.

bye,Kai

--
"Just say No" to Spam                                     Kai Schlichting
New York, Palo Alto, You name it             Sophisticated Technical Peon