Cogent Retraction/Correction

  • From: Vincent J. Bono
  • Date: Sat Jul 21 12:20:59 2001

Dear All,

Two weeks after I posted my Cogent comments one of their staff contacted me
and pointed out that my post on their using Williams ATM was incorrect.
They apparently use Williams purchased fiber IRUs and their own DWDM to IP
equipment.

They also seem to be encountering delays with our orders due to the delays
of their metro-fiber venders..

Okay.  Be that as it may.

The two week lag between my post to NANOG and their response was still a
hell of a lot shorter than the time it takes for their tech staff to get
back to us when we ask for order updates.

IMHO: Be wary when using them and read the fine print re: order delivery.

-vb