Netflow bug on 3-GE cards (Trident) in Cisco GSRs

  • From: Dani Roisman
  • Date: Fri Jul 20 18:36:28 2001

Hey folks,

Sharing some knowledge to try and save frustration.  I think this is on-topic, forgive me if it isn't.

We were struggling to get netflow to work on our 3-port GigE cards in our GSRs.  I'll spare you the ugly details, but a few maintenance windows and many useless TAC calls later, we finally were directed to the following Cisco Bug ID:
CSCdu72555

Turns out you can only run netflow on the first port of a 3-GigE port on the current S-tract software rev.  If you  have been struggling with this as well, I'm eager to hear about it off-list.

Have a great weekend.

- Dani