Re: Code Red

  • From: Stephen J. Wilcox
  • Date: Fri Jul 20 12:07:28 2001

you said you had large numbers of unused IP addresses.

split the block down into manageable chunks, send the chunks to the
relevant interfaces and route the whole netblock to null

your used ips go out to their appropriate networks and the unused ones
having nowhere to go get sent to null.

So: No ARPs to spare netblocks!

by splitting it into subnets you will also reduce the amuont of broadcast
traffic on the network, (each bad ip will generate several broadcast arp
packets)

And: Better network performance, improved bandwidth!

Steve