Re: PPPOE, MTU, and boom.

  • From: Miquel van Smoorenburg
  • Date: Wed Jul 18 14:31:55 2001
  • Newsgroups: lists.nanog

In article <[email protected]>,
Charles Sprickman  <[email protected]> wrote:
>Can the Redback, on a 1483-bridged customer where the pvc is known do dhcp
>based on the pvc the dhcp request comes from?

Yes. We do it. Works fine. Your DHCP server must support it, though.
You need to be able to use the circuit-id to select a customer, which
is complicated by the fact the the redback only adds this circuit-id
on DHCPDISCOVERS, it doesn't intercept (that is act as a relay agent for)
unicast DHCP packets.

We're using ISC DHCPD. Use stash-agent-options, classes, pools with
only one address in it (one per customer) and you'll get there ;)

Mike.
--
"dselect has a user interface which scares small children"
	-- Theodore Tso, on debian-devel