When will 128M not be enough?

  • From: Christopher A. Woodfield
  • Date: Sat Jul 14 09:50:44 2001

Is there any research out there that tries to estimate how long it will be
before BGP routers with 128M of RAM start to choke on the routing table? I
know there are a lot of factors - the number of BGP peers, how much "other
stuff" the router is doing, etc. - I'm really looking for a ballpark
estimate, if one exists.

I'm trying to convince someone NOT to use a Cisco 2650 for BGP
multihoming, and my argument will, IMO, be a bit more effective if
I can say "you'll need to replace it within X months/years"...

-C

Christopher A. Woodfield		[email protected]

PGP Public Key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xB887618B