Re: Common causes of performance problems and outages

  • From: abha
  • Date: Fri Jul 06 15:20:55 2001

In case folks are interested....

Craig and I did some work in this area some years ago...

Our findings appeared in FTCS 99 and are available at
http://www.computer.org/proceedings/ftcs/0213/02130278abs.htm (this
requires digital library access).  I also have a pointer to the U-M
techreport version at http://www.merit.edu/~ahuja/CSE-TR-382-98.pdf.

We have continued to collect more data on this and are in the process of
putting together our follow-up.  It should be out soon.

We'd love to get more community input and more sources of data if folks
are willing to participate in our further studies...

Thanks!

-abha ;)