RE: crsnic whois updates

  • From: John Fraizer
  • Date: Fri Jul 06 14:32:17 2001

On Fri, 6 Jul 2001, Mike Batchelor wrote:

> That's fascinating.  They refused my host template altogether because my
> nameserver names are under a domain held at Register.com.  I had to go
> through Register.com to change my NS IP addresses.  Crsnic whois shows the
> correct IP address, and Register.com as the registrar.  Register.com whois
> shows the correct IP address (most of the time ;).  Only domain records at
> whois.networksolutions.com show the wrong IP address always.

Here's the gig.

If host records (or glue records for them) are already out there, you can
specify them (exact match on name and IP address) as nameservers for a
domain you manage.

If they DON'T exist, you must be the manager of the domain name the
nameservers are in and they MUST be created prior to being specified as
nameservers for another domain.

To update the IP address of a nameserver record, you must be the manager
of the domain name they are in.

---
John Fraizer
EnterZone, Inc