RE: Cogent Communications Info

  • From: Marshall Eubanks
  • Date: Thu Jul 05 22:51:37 2001

IMHO multicast is a killer app, maybe THE killer app, for BLECs, as it conserves
sparse bandwidth, fits well with the ethernet LANs typically used with BLECs
for the "last mile," and as multicast peering is fairly straightfoward in the
BLEC scenario.
BLEC multicast also offers interesting opportunities for advertisers, as ads
can target specific clusters of buidlings.
We have convinced at least one BLEC of these advantages; others on NANOG should
feel free to contact me off list for assistance
in setting up multicast.

                                   Regards
                                   Marshall Eubanks

   Multicast Technologies, Inc.
   10301 Democracy Lane, Suite 410
   Fairfax, Virginia 22030
   Phone : 703-293-9624          Fax     : 703-293-9609
   e-mail : [email protected]     http://www.on-the-i.com

 Test your network for multicast :
http://www.multicasttech.com/mt/
Check the status of multicast in real time :
http://www.multicasttech.com/status/index.html

Marshall Eubanks

[email protected]