Re: Cogent Communications Info

  • From: Vincent J. Bono
  • Date: Thu Jul 05 22:08:39 2001

Just to test them out we ordered their "private line" service (rather than
the transit product) where it is $10/meg point to point, i.e. 100Mbps cross
country is $1,000 per end per month.  Its a tunneled IP product with an ATM
infrastructure.

They are already 90 days overdue and show no signs of delivery anytime soon.

They are heavily involved with Williams for the ATM backbone and I know that
Williams is selling IP transit to big telecom accounts for as little as
$50/meg.  Since they don't seem to have a lot of peering possibly they are
filling in the gaps with Williams transit and coming up with a skewed cost
model?

-Vincent