Re: Broadband v. baseband ... again?

  • From: Tom Lettington
  • Date: Thu Jul 05 14:07:21 2001

At the risk of incurring the wrath of Mr. Meyer by posting without permission, I offer the following: Harry Newton, of "Newton's TELECOM Dictionary - The Official Dictionary of Telecommunications & the Interent" (Updated 15th Expanded Edition), defines "Broadband" (in the WAN context) as anything over 45Mbps (T3).

The language we use in our industry is evolving at an extremely rapid rate. The great unwashed masses don't necessarily stick with the time honored definitions we would prefer that they admire, respect, and accept as gospel. Get over it!

- Tom